Easy Moist and Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes
These vanilla cupcakes are super moist, not too sweet, and still delicious. I’ve been testing cupcakes for some time now, and I love this one. It has just enough sugar, so you don’t feel guilty eating them, and it’s very soft and spongy . For these cupcakes, you don’t need a lot of butter, only 125 grams. I tested some vanilla cupcakes substituting the butter for vegetable oil instead, but I love the flavor that butter gives to cakes.
Since the butter is very little, there isn’t too much mixing going on. I used both baking powder and baking soda for these, and I found that the texture is good with both raising agents added to the mixture.
How to make Vanilla Cupcakes?
Gather all your ingredients and make sure they are within reach. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well with a spatula. Set this bowl aside.
Mixing wet ingredients
In another large bowl, add butter and sugar. Make sure to add a level cup of sugar. Take the back of a knife and level off the top so that it reaches the top of the measuring cup and not over the cup’s rim.
Once the mixture gets creamy, you should add your eggs one at a time and whisk while adding to the mixture at medium speed. Then add vanilla extract and continue mixing at the same speed.
Adding dry ingredients and the milk
Take a large strainer and sift half of the dry ingredients into the mixture and continue whisking at low speed. After adding half of the dry ingredients sifting over the mixture, slowly add the milk to the mixture and whisk at low speed. Add the other half of the dry ingredients the same way as before and use a spatula to combine them into the mixture thoroughly. Pour into your cupcake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
I chose whipped cream frosting to decorate these cupcakes to reduce the sugar content in the overall cake. You will love these cupcakes; It just has the right amount of sugar, making it so delicious!
Easy Moist and Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes
- Cupcake pan
Ingredients for Vanilla Cupcakes
- 187 grams All-Purpose Flour or 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 200 grams granulated sugar or 1 cup
- 2 eggs large
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Frosting for cupcakes
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2/3 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions for Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat Oven to 350 °F (177 °C) grease and line cupcake pans
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a large spoon or spatula. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Using an electric handheld mixer or stand mixer, whisk at high speed until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and whisk while adding at medium speed.
- Add vanilla extract and continue whisking at medium speed.
- With a large strainer, sift 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the mixture. Whisk at low speed.
- Add the milk slowly and continue whisking at a low speed.
- Add the other 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the mixture. Fold in with a spatula from the bottom up until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cupcake pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature or chill. You can decorate with Frosting to your preference.
Instructions for Whipped Cream Frosting
- Place a large bowl in the refrigerator and allow it to be cold. You can also place the bowl over a bowl of ice.
- Pour whipping cream into the cold bowl. Beat the whipping cream slowly about 1 minute.
- Add icing sugar and vanilla extract and increase to high speed. Beat until a stiff peak is formed. Stop Beating.
- For a stiffer frosting, you can allow it to sit in the refrigerator for a while. You now have frosting for your cupcakes.