Pineapples are one of my preferred fruits. It’s incredibly juicy and has a vibrant tropical flavor. I love it because it can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. It is the most versatile fruit, in my opinion. Pineapple Fried Rice is of Thai …
Month: November 2020
1. Take time for yourself.
2. Enjoy Nature.
3. Give yourself the gift of learning something new.
4. Read something interesting and inspirational.
5. Put off the chores until tomorrow.
6. Compliment yourself.
7. Give yourself the gift of taking your dreams seriously.
I’ve made mashed potatoes before, but it is not something we do regularly in our home. Since it’s Thanksgiving, I decided to give it a try.
I made sure to search the internet to make sure I get the right technique. I realize that this is a straightforward recipe, delicious, and easy to make.
What goes into this recipe?
All you need is potatoes, milk, butter, salt, and parsley or chives to garnish
I used russet potatoes as it is floury and gives the creamy, fluffy effect we want.
This is one of the easiest recipes you can find. It is quick and the best side dish to make it you are pressed for time. Let’s get to the recipe.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs russet potatoes , peeled
- 1 cups milk (use 1 to 1 1/4 cups hot whole milk)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature, not melted)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley or chives finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- Peel potatoes and rinse in tap water. If you want the potatoes as smooth as possible, remove the little knots. Place potatoes in tap water in a large pot and cover potatoes. Bring to a boil. Remove cover when it starts to bubble over.
- Boil until easily pierced with a knife (boil 20-25 min depending on your potatoes' size.
- Drain well and transfer to the bowl of your stand mixer if you have one. Take the whisk attachment and or potato masher and mash potatoes lightly by hand to break them up. Place the whisk attachment back in the bowl and start on low speed, then increase to medium and slowly add hot milk to reach your desired texture. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- With the mixer on, add softened butter 3 Tbsp, one at a time, waiting a few seconds, add the remaining butter each spoon at a time. If you use a potato masher, you can take a hand whisk and whisk slowly as you add the hot milk. It may be a little more effort, but you will get the job done.
- Finally, add salt; your potatoes will be whipped and fluffy.
- Add 1 tbsp butter on the top to melt slowly, then sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish.
Chicken baked in pineapple sauce would probably be one of the best-baked chicken you will ever taste. It is baked in the most delicious sweet and spicy sauce that will mesmerize your taste-buds.This chicken recipe is especially significant if you have friends or family over. …