Curry Fried Rice
Are you in a rush and have limited time to prepare your meals? Then This Curry Fried Rice is the recipe for you. It is super easy and quick to whip up in the mornings if you’re short on time or you’re looking for a quick dinner meal. It is the same as regular Fried Rice with added curry powder to give your rice a spicy, delicious flavor.
This Curry Fried Rice is so easy to make you’re going to fall in love with the recipe. Not just because it’s easy but because it’s also very flavorful. Curry is the type of spice that can add so much flavor to your foods. I put curry in just about any dish I choose as I find the flavor so delightful.
How to make Curry Fried Rice?
All you need to have is some leftover boiled rice, you will need 2 cups of rice. I used parboiled rice as I think it’s suitable for fried rice due to not being too hard or too soft when appropriately boiled. Prepare the vegetables of your preference as I know people tend to use different types of vegetables in their Fried Rice. For this Curry Fried Rice, I used red and green bell peppers, green peas, carrots and, yellow onions.
Add your oil to your heated pan or wok, add your onions, garlic, and ginger and allow to saute, then add your vegetables and cook until tender. Next, add your boiled rice, mix with your vegetables, add your sauces and curry powder, and mix well. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes, then turn off the heat. Serve at room temperature.
You will certainly enjoy eating this with your favorite meat dish and a salad of your choice.
Curry Fried Rice
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup yellow onions
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed
- Heat wok or pan over high-medium heat, add sesame oil and allow to heat for 30 seconds.
- Add yellow onions, garlic and ginger and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots and green peas and allow to sauté for another minute.
- Add bell peppers and cook until tender, Add cooked rice to vegetables and mix well.
- Add curry powder, salt and soy sauce, mix well and let cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Garnish with parsley and or sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.