Spicy Shrimp Stir-Fry with Pineapple in Sweet Chilli Sauce
Quick and easy dishes are my go-to now. I want to create recipes that are simple, quick, and easy to make. This Spicy Shrimp stir-fry dish is one of my favorites. I love to cook with pineapples for their tropical flavor. The sweet juice in pineapple never disappoints, and it also adds so much flavor to savory dishes.
This Spicy Shrimp Stir-Fry with Pineapple in Sweet Chilli Sauce is so simple to make, and it’s a quick lunch or dinner to whip up for your family. So gather your ingredients, and let’s get started. You will need a pound of shrimp small-medium size, bell peppers, pineapple chunks, yellow onions, ginger, and garlic. These are the main ingredients, the ingredients for the sauce and other added spices are in the ingredients list, so be sure to check that.
The next thing to do after gathering your ingredients is to make your sauce. Whisk together your sweet thai chilli sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, corn starch, and chilli powder. Set this aside.
How to make Spicy Shrimp Stir-Fry?
Dry your shrimp with paper towels. Season your shrimp with salt and black pepper, ground jalapeno, and ½ tsp chilli pepper powder. Heat a wok, skillet or large pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and sesame oil, Add the shrimp to the heated oil at least ½ inch apart, leave to cook for 1 minute. Turnover and cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a clean platter or plate.
In the same hot pan or skillet add the other 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add onion let cook for about 1 minute, then add ginger and garlic. Add pineapple let cook for another minute, then add bell peppers. Pour in your sauce that you made earlier. Then add your cooked shrimps combine with other ingredients to cook for about 2 minutes.
Garnish your spicy shrimp stir-fry with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve warm on a bed of rice or pasta.
Spicy Shrimp stir-fry with pineapple in Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Wok; Cast iron Skillet; Large pan
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound shrimp small-medium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno ground (powder)
- 1/3 cup red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup yellow bell peppers optional
- 1/3 cup green bell peppers optional
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup yellow onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Whisk together your sweet thai chilli sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, corn starch, and ½ tsp chilli pepper powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Dry your shrimps with paper towels.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine shrimp with salt, black pepper, ground jalapeno, and ½ tsp chilli pepper powder.
- Heat a wok, skillet or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and your sesame oil to the pan.
- Add the shrimp to the heated oil at least ½ inch apart, leave to cook for 1 minute. Turnover and cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a clean platter or plate.
- After removing your cooked shrimp, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan.
- Add the onions and let cook for 1 minute until you get that pleasant aroma.
- Add in the pineapple chunks and stir-fry for one-two minutes or until the pineapple starts to caramelize.
- Add bell peppers and let stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in your whisked sauce that you made earlier over the ingredients. Stir constantly and let cook until the sauce is thickened for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked shrimps, stir to combine, and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve warm on a bed of rice or pasta.