Pineapple Coconut Muffins
These pineapple coconut muffins have a soft fluffy texture and are very delicious. Anything made with pineapples and coconut tends to be tasty once made well. I love making different things with pineapple, and as a Caribbean woman, I also enjoy adding the tropical flavor of coconuts to them.
These are quick and easy to make and are a great dessert, breakfast or snack to grab and go. For this recipe, you will need:
- All-purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Crushed Pineapples
- Shredded Coconut
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut extract.
How to make Pineapple Coconut Muffins?
Gather all your ingredients, and let’s get to baking. The first thing to do is preheat your oven to 350 °F. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together with a spatula. In a separate large bowl, whisk egg, melted butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut essence for about 1 minute.
Combine wet and dry ingredients in one bowl, fold with a spatula from the bottom up. Add pineapple and shredded coconut and fold in with the spatula from the bottom up until they combine thoroughly into the mixture. Stop mixing. Scoop out into the muffin pan with an ice cream scoop and place in the preheated oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
When the muffins are finished baking, place them on a baking rack to cool.
How to Store Muffins?
It is essential to ensure that the muffins are completely cool before storing them. After removing them from the oven, please leave them in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to the baking rack. To preserve their freshness, store them in an air-tight container. First, line the container in the bottom with a paper towel, place the muffins in single layers on the paper towel. Then cover the muffins with paper towels as well. These can stay fresh at room temperature for up to two days.
Pineapple Coconut Muffins
- Muffin Pans
Ingredients for Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups Flour All-Purpose
- 1 cup Pineapples crushed plus 2 tbsp
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup coconut shredded plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions for Muffins
- Preheat Oven to 350 °F (177 °C) spray muffin pans with non-stick spray, line pans.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together with a spatula.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk egg, melted butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut essence for about 1 minute.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in one bowl, fold with a spatula from the bottom up.
- Add pineapple and shredded coconut and fold in with the spatula from the bottom up until they combine thoroughly into the mixture. Stop mixing.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffins into the already greased and lined pans. Place some crushed pineapple and shredded coconut on the top of each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 °F (177 °C) for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted in the center and come out clean.
- Leave to cool in pan for a few minutes. Remove from muffin pan and leave to cool thoroughly on a baking rack.
- Store in an air-tight container. Place paper towel in the bottom of the container and over the muffins since it tends to get a little liquid when covered. These can last for up to two days at room temperature.