As I’ve always told people, Easter time is my favorite time. I get to celebrate the resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love making unique items around this time; I know that cupcakes are a favorite for many people, so I decided to share this recipe with you this year. It’s the perfect recipe to enjoy with your family, and we know how kids love sweet treats like cupcakes.
Easter is a fantastic time of the year for my family and me. I love baking and making unique dishes around this time of year. Some of my favorites Treats to make are Cupcakes, Cookies, and Hot Cross Buns. This cupcake recipe is straightforward to make and very delicious.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASTER CUPCAKES?
Kids love colors, so we’ll have lots of fun working with different colors for these cupcakes. I am listing the ingredients you will need for the recipe. So gather all your ingredients and get ready to make this simple cupcake recipe for your Easter holidays.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Raising agents
- Vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ Sugar
Although I used one cup of sugar in the recipe, you would notice that I always try to lessen the amount of sugar I add to my desserts. You can use up to 2/3 – 3/4 cups of granulated sugar for the cupcake mixture, and they will still be delicious. Remember you are decorating with buttercream frosting. Over the years, I have found that using just a little less sugar does not significantly affect dessert items’ taste. It is suitable for our health as well. Now play around with this recipe as much as you like; you can add sprinkles to the cupcake mixture as well, but you will definitely need it to sprinkle over your buttercream. These cupcakes are not only delicious but are super exciting to make so let’s get this recipe rolling!
- Cupcake Pans
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups confectioners' or icing sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 °F (177 °C) and line cupcake pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Add salt and cinnamon and mix well with a large spoon or spatula.
- Using another large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Whisk on high speed until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and whisk while adding on medium speed. Add vanilla extract and continue whisking.
- Add 1/2 the dry into the mixture. Whisk at low speed. Add the milk and continue whisking at a low speed.
- Add the other 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the mixture. Fold in with a spatula from the bottom until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cupcake pans and bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature. You can decorate with Buttercream Frosting using a color of your choice.
- Measure and sift confectioners or icing sugar in a large bowl and set aside
- In another large bowl add butter, using an electric hand mixer, beat butter for about 5 minutes. Beat the butter so that it doubles in amount and changes to a lighter color. The butter will change from yellow to off-white.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, and beat to combine thoroughly.
- Add the milk a teaspoon at a time to get the consistency you want. Make sure to add vanilla extract and a coloring of your choice before adding all the milk. This will ensure that you don't add too much milk and you get your desired consistency.
- Decorate with sprinkles and/or Chocolate Coated Almonds