Mini Banana Bread
This banana bread is moist, delicious, and tender to the bite. Banana Bread is an all-time favorite, and I enjoy baking it every time. This time around, I decided to use my mini baking pans. It holds the same amount of mixture as in an 8 x 4 loaf pan. So you can use your standard loaf pan for this recipe.
All you would need on hand are your loaf pan or mini baking loaf pans, a fork, and a whisk. I recommend using very ripe bananas as they provide the moisture and flavor you need for this bread. I also added spices of cinnamon and nutmeg, my deceased grandmother’s favorite in baking. Personally, banana bread without these spices is missing something, but this is all based on preference.
How to make banana bread?
Preheat your oven, grease your pan or pans, gather your ingredients, and in a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, add salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
In another large bowl, using a fork, mash the bananas until you have softened them completely.
Once you have your bananas softened you simple add your melted butter and egg and mix using a mixer or hand whisk. Add your dry ingredients in two parts and gentle mix until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla extract and mix for about one minute then stop mixing. Your mixture will be nice and creamy and ready to place into your baking pan to put into your preheated oven.
Allow your banana bread to bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a tooth pick can be inserted into the center and come out clean. Once completely baked remove from oven and allow to cool in your baking pan for about 10 minutes.
Remove from baking pan and allow to finish cool on a baking rack. Once completely cool, you have your delicious banana bread to slice and eat as you desire.
- 3 Mini Loaf Pans or 8" Loaf pan
- 3-4 ripe banana 3 large or 4 medium
- 1 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar If you wish to lessen on your sugar intake use 3 tablespoons or none at all. It will still taste delicious!
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 ˚F, grease baking pans and line if needed, set aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, add salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another large bowl mash bananas with a fork until thoroughly softened.
- Add melted butter and sugar and continue to beat with a hand mixer or whisk. You really don't need a mixer for this recipe.
- Add egg and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients in two parts and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add vanilla extract and mix for 1 minute, then stop mixing.
- Pour your mixture into the prepared greased pan or pans and bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven, using a tooth pick, insert into the center, once it comes out clean your banana bread is fully baked.